Morituri Nolumus Mori - forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yasuo guide and discussion

2 posters

Go down

Yasuo guide and discussion  Empty Yasuo guide and discussion

Post by Soufflenuit Sat 12 Dec - 23:02

Yasuo o/

So… I’m speaking here about stuff and build up, including masteries and runes, no there will be nothing about mechanics. If some of you wants to learn about theese, check this out (I might have already sent you this, but now it makes more sense for you Konsti).

RUNES :
So… all the interesting runes are here :
AD, armor penetration, AS, Crit chance, Crit damage, Move speed, CDR, MR, Armor.
Firstly, we’ll give up on the scaling runes, as yasuo shall already be op in mid/lategame. The important thing is to secure the early phase.
Crit chance is interesting because of Yasuo’s passive. Runes only give few, but Yas can double this value, giving you easily 10% free crits, since level 1, and you’ll still have slots for other stuff.
Critical chance is only interesting if you take quite a lot of it, it will fit well with IE and compensate in the early the 10% lack of crit damage from yasuo’s passive. It’s also the only way to higher significantly yasuo’s damage once he already has 100% crit.
Move speed is interesting but yasuo will have some anyway as he will take Zele and it’s related item.
AS receives the same answer.
CDR is not so interesting as Yasuo happen to have no cooldown on E and a very short one on R. The Q cooldown doesn’t even trigger on CDR, as it scales on AS.
Armor and mr ! of course armor is always interesting you will always get hit by towers or minions. And mr is also, because Yasuo will often face mages.
Flat AD is interesting for the beginning, it will make early easier and be still strong later since Yasuo will have got crit.
Armor penetration may sound interesting, but it’s only interesting against champions (minions and towers have none – towers do only if there are no ennemy minion nearby – and monsters only a bit). Thing is yasuo may get armor nevertheless in game (youmu’s ghostblade or LW), and that his ultimate grant him 50% bonus armor penetration (/!\ it’s a buff on yasuo, not a debuff on ennemies hit by his R).

So we picked up AD, armor, mr, crit damage and crit chance. With this stuff, you cannot do mistake in your rune page. I would just add that you will have to adapt to the build you planned, and therefore you may also pick AS (15% can easily be reached).

MASTERIES :
So, i think Warlord’s bloodlust is the must-have for Yasuo (it’s the last mastery on the bottom/left corner). Knowing this you still have 12 points for other trees. I think the fourth level on resolve tree isn’t necessary at all (the third tree) so you will be either 18/12/0 or 18/6/6.
In the first case, the cunning tree will be like wanderer (movespeed) for roaming, then secret stash or assassin for the laning phase, then meditation for mana regen (what ? wait..) and finally the dangerous game of course.
In the second case, the cunning tree will remain the same i guess for he two first levels, choice still remaining between secret stash and assassin (both will be less usefull after laning phase). The resolve tree shall then look like recovery as first mastery (for you are not building a tank, unyielding will not scale) and as second one i’ll suggest explorer for roam.
So the choice between a 18/12/0 and a 18/6/6 depends on the fact you want your lane to win absolutely (maybe with a babysitt by the jungler ?) or that you’d rather roam and get faster on sidelanes and objectives. Personnaly, i’d say that for now, the 18/12/0 suits you more, Konsti.
I haven’t spoken for the 18 point tree, but it seems quite obvious. It will be Fury (AS), then double edged sword (though katana is one edged ._.) then natural talent, bounty hunter next (yasuo can’t occure an impaired movement), and battering blows of course for armor penetration.

BUILD :
So… IE. The first obvious thing. It’s powerful and useful, just perfect for Yasuo. Next obvious thing is berserker, no else boots will fit Yasuo, unless tabi ninja if they got 5 adc, or mercury treads if they got a 999 years stun combo.
The next step is to find something to complete yasuo’s critical chances. He now has 40% so he need one of the four 4 items which give 30% (x2). Runnan is not possible, the passive is wasted. Statikk has always been the better choice. Rapid firecannon would give more movespeed, but the highered range is not useful on melee (as it’s not a flat highering but scales on your current range), and also you might waste your energized AA with you Q, by striking a champion through minions. The minion would get the bonus magic damage,but not the champion behind. Statikk solves this problem.
The fourth possibility is phantom dancer. It becomes interesting. The passive is a shame for most adc because only graves has below 500 units range on AA. Therefore, we thought it would fit well with some melee champ, like gangplank as toplaner, or shaco as jungler. I suggest to think about this item for Yasuo. Its attackspeed has been buffed recently, the passive makes him quite op in 1v1 and we got the needed amount of crit (40+60=100).
So that’s a first option. Everything else is changable. But this is one core for yasuo : berserker, then IE+phantom dancer (or statikk, but i stick to pd).
This is the case you don’t have any crit chance in runes. So you might take like flat AD in marks, quints also flat AD, all seals in flat armor, and flat mr in glyphs.
I have another proposition, but much more expensive : Instead of flat AD, you take Critical damage. quint + marks give 33% more critical damage. Let’s do a bit theorycraft :
There is a table I made, here :

Yasuo guide and discussion  Yas_cr10

We see the damage (on crit) is worth beyond level 3. Fact is, that you will rarely have 100% crit at level four, let’s be realistic. So to make this choice worth, you should aim at take crit firstly. For instance, after your statikk/pd, if you have the choice between a cloak of agility and a pickaxe, rather take the cloak first.
My personnal for yasuo consists in 33% crit damage, 9 armor, and 27 mr at level 18 (I chosed scaling runes cause yasuo doesn’t gain mr per level, i’m not sure of this).

So if you don’t take theese rune pages (either flat AD or crit damage) but rather pick some crit chance, i suggest to pick crit chance on marks  (=8.37%) + one quint (=10.23%).
Then take on the same way armor and mr in seals and glyphs. For the two last quints, feel free to take either movespeed (1.5% x2), lifesteal (1.5% x2), AD (2.3 x2) or AS (4.5% x2).
This choice gives you 20 base crit chance and allows you, in addition of IE, not to take a 30% crit chance item, but the only one who gives only 20% : trinity. It will give you great movespeed, nice kiting, and a perma triggering AA.

So according to your runes, the core will be 1) berserker, IE, statikk/pd, or 2) berserker, IE, trinity.
After this, you will need lifesteal and more damage. So bloodthirster is a good choice, but i prefer hydra, also dont forget death’s dance and mercurial scimitar. Then feel free to adjust with what ever you want, like bork, lastwhisper, randuin, GA, etc.
Soufflenuit
Soufflenuit
Admin

https://monomo.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Yasuo guide and discussion  Empty Re: Yasuo guide and discussion

Post by sqAree Sun 13 Dec - 20:33

Thanks for the elaborate reply. You haven't sent me the video before ; I just watched it and it seems interesting. I will include Yasuo in my midlane arsenal for sure now (also because I lack ad midlaners).

We already spoke about my runes, I have something slightly different now but it seems to be nice anyway.
For the masteries, I think vampirism on the first tree might be better than the scaling ad. What do you think?
sqAree
sqAree
Admin

Back to top Go down

Yasuo guide and discussion  Empty Re: Yasuo guide and discussion

Post by Soufflenuit Mon 14 Dec - 4:23

Well, meanwhile we've discussed it in the teaming ^^

(I'm glad you liked it Very Happy)
Soufflenuit
Soufflenuit
Admin

https://monomo.rpg-board.net