Morituri Nolumus Mori - forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team compositions

4 posters

Go down

Team compositions Empty Team compositions

Post by Soufflenuit Tue 24 Nov - 20:51

I've thought that we should have a place where we could talk about the compositions we want to try out eventually. It could be a thematic team (like aiming on lategame, or movespeed, or knock ups - yasuo ?) or a wombocombo composition, whatever.
Soufflenuit
Soufflenuit
Admin

https://monomo.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Team compositions Empty Re: Team compositions

Post by sqAree Wed 25 Nov - 14:17

Let's try out Ezreal+Ashe+Jinx+Draven+ Lux/Ziggs/Pantheon in a normal? Razz

What could work is a comp built around Yasuo though ; I can't really play him and Youness doesn't have Malphite for top.

A suggestion I have for a long time now would be: Shen top, TF mid, Nocturne jungle, hypercarry adc, cctank supp.
sqAree
sqAree
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soufflenuit Wed 25 Nov - 18:01

We already tried out the first suggestion, and i wasn't a success ! xD

The yasuo team is very nice. i think one of the best compo would be yasuo on mid, indeed. The others can be random knock ups. On top, we can have sion, wukong or j4 on top, instead of malphite, and there are zac, and nautilus who can jungle too. For botlane, kalista is nice, with as support a bunch of champs, like braum, jannah, alistar, etc.

The third option seems the more interesting to me right now.
Our TF is already quite reliable, as well as our nocturne jungle. I think Youness actually owns shen for top, and we can easily build a botlane who fits in this composition i think. The cctanky support might be an issue, as Milo does not play leona, braum or alistar yet (I might be mistaking Mad)
I suggest we try this out at the coming teaming saturday evening, if everyone is up.
Soufflenuit
Soufflenuit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sqAree Wed 9 Dec - 0:11

Alright, proposition for a new epic team combo:

A team built around ap Trynda midlane.
I suggest Bard as support because he is best at prolonging a teamfight.
Tryndamere with my build has a 5sec cd of his E (the dash) with op ap ratio later and can do a lot of dmg with autoattacks due to supplements like Lich Bane, Nashor etc.
adc could be Sivir / Ashe / Varus for pretty obvious reasons.
Jungler should be something tanky with cc as always, maybe Sejuani, Skarner(!), or even something like Kindred (synergy of stalling a fight and similar ults).
Depending on if the jungler is ad or ap, the toplane can be the opposite, that gives two possible groups of champs that could fit nicely:
Lissandra, Kennen (!), Vladimir, or
Renekton, Darius.

I just toss this in, it's probably not perfect but can be something good with further ideas / suggestions, should at least be able to carry us through bronze / silver if not farther.
sqAree
sqAree
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soufflenuit Wed 9 Dec - 0:34

I think you talked about Bard because you saw an op one last game x)
Anyway, i'm pretty sure that milo doesn't have him. Beside, i still think it's a very unsecure combo and that we can't play it for other reasons than troll or fun. It still makes sense to take bard and kindred for a nice wombo (NEVER DIIIIIIIIE ! !)

Otherwise, I'll safely answer with a 'why not ?', though i think that we should focus on maining specific top tier champions  (or favourite ones) and maybe our tf/shen/noc combo, which is strong and quite sure. (and overall, can't make us lose hard if it doesn't trigger well).
we could try it out for a relaxing game, not when we're in tryhard mode imo, cause i'll hardly be able to focus with such a composition xD.
Soufflenuit
Soufflenuit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sqAree Wed 9 Dec - 0:37

Nope, I checked the list of supports and found Bard was the best for this idea.
And at a pinch people can buy champs.

I agree it's quite unsecure for now, we know nothing about the combo, so at least we shouldn't play it in ranked. But I really think we can do some tests in normal 5v5 games.

In general, yes, we should focus on some main champs, but then again we should also learn to adapt our picks according to the enemy picks/bans. Having more combos and possibilities available can't be bad.
I think at least this will be something no one in our elo is able to play against with a solid plan.

EDIT: So I gave some explanation but a concrete plan would be: Kennen, Skarner, Bard, Varus, Trynda (my favourite one although we have plenty of variables).
sqAree
sqAree
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ventenuit Wed 9 Dec - 5:15

Good evening

I think we can't just tell ourselves "we have a safe combo, let's focus on it" because depending on opponents it won't always work. Also, it would be boring to always play the same thing, and it give us habits, which is not good imo, we have to be able to adapt to changes. Apdo or faker said that the other was better cause able to adapt to new patches, etc, when the other was a "old" player. For me it's the same idea with compo. We should have at least 3 different compos I think (knowing that some whamps can be the same in those compos)
What I'll say now is totally opposed to what I said above and contradictory, but about the suggestion above: I don't have Skarner. And one thing about me and lol is that I don't want to play a champ that I'm not motivated to play. And Skarner doesn't motivates me at all Mad
I have to try new junglers, I'm aware. Tbh the idea of volibear is almost pleasant for me now, and I'm a bit intrigued by Kindred. But (and Jo will dislike it), I'd like to first finish training with Yi. After, I bought recently Amumu and Fiddle, and I also have rek sai. I think I should learn those champs one day, even if I don't really like them atm. Maybe I'll play jarvan or lee, but as you can see I already have work, and I like to be totally done with something before begining new ones.

I'm aware I don't really answer, but well... It's 5 am (excuse).
Ventenuit
Ventenuit

Back to top Go down

Post by sqAree Wed 9 Dec - 5:26

Well, there were enough substitutes for Skarner so we can still try, that's no problem for now.

But in any case I think we should work on your mindset.
I will also learn to play Lulu mid even though I'm not motivated at all. In the ranked team we can't always go for want. Another example is Youness who didn't really play Shen before our combo.

I'd like ideas about how Skarner is viable for example, or how he would fit in the composition or who could replace him best. Or comments about the combo itself because for now the only property that is discussed is that it's different to our usual combo.

Consider the same thing with Sejuani for example, doesn't hurt for now. (or Volibear even Wink).

In any case I will do some experiments on Tryndap in normals the next few days.
sqAree
sqAree
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 7ama9a Wed 9 Dec - 14:02

Hey,
First of all, im glad that you took some time to search for our combos, i'm okey and excited to try every combo you find.
Then, it's cool to play new champs in solo queue or 5 vs 5, we'll learn how to counter it, their Cooldowns, etc.
Finally, i completely agree with what konsti said "In general, yes, we should focus on some main champs, but then again we should also learn to adapt our picks according to the enemy picks/bans. Having more combos and possibilities available can't be bad."
So see you in the summoner's Rift, Time to buy some new champs Very Happy

7ama9a

Back to top Go down

Post by sqAree Wed 9 Dec - 18:44

Thank you Youness. ^^
I admit, this combo was created within a few seconds without much planning behind it and without looking at the champs we have ; just because I successfully played ap Trynda last game and wondered if it even can be used in a serious game.

In fact, most recently, as I happen to play what I'm best at in our ranked games, I found myself playing new / unknown / uncommon picks in normal games and as you said, it can't be bad, to learn cool downs, playing styles of the others etc.
So I end up playing other things than midlane in normals often enough.

For our team however, I have basically almost all the mid champs, so I will start buying the main champs of you, to be able to swap champs in the picklobby properly.
sqAree
sqAree
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soufflenuit Wed 9 Dec - 22:21

Okay, I think we are supporting your idea quite enough to give to this combo a try. xD
More generally, I totally agree with what you said about having a more large choice of combo and compo to adapt to ennemy picks, of course.

For our team however, I have basically almost all the mid champs, so I will start buying the main champs of you, to be able to swap champs in the picklobby properly.
that's a good news ! Sadly, I'm not even quite done with buying all the adcs, nor training them... :/ but i already have some of your champions.
Soufflenuit
Soufflenuit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sqAree Wed 9 Dec - 22:43

Alright, I tried Tryndap this evening once more and found out:

1) The early game is quite hard. Getting zoned at lvl 1 results in losing the lane because then it's impossible to build fury.

2) I will take cleanse and ghost I think as flash is quite useless on Trynda. Maybe ignite or tp sometimes.

3) Build will be Nashors Tooth --> cdr boots. This gives 40% cdr already. I think Lich Bane is mandatory but the flat mana feel like a waste nevertheless. After that Rabadon/Guinsoo and a situational last item, could be Zhyona or GA or another ap item for example.

4) Enemies indeed don't know how to play against. Very Happy

EDIT: Someone told me cleanse is not removing the healing reduction of ignite, only the damage over time. Furthermore it doesn't remove Zed's ult etc., in general only cc, dot and summoner spells. This makes it a very situational summoner spell, only to be taken against heavy cc. As Trynda doesn't need tp (is fast enough due to dashes anyway) I'd go for ignite+ghost in most of the games.
sqAree
sqAree
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soufflenuit Fri 11 Dec - 17:48

Well, alright, i'm a bit late on this, as we met yesterday and you told us most part of this speech. So ok for cleanse, i agree with your summoner spells, and also with your build.
I admit I doubted it, but I saw you wreck with this enough to agree with him as midlaner, though I still think he could have trouble against many ranged mages, as he's a squishy melee.
Soufflenuit
Soufflenuit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sqAree Fri 11 Dec - 19:02

No worries, everyone doubts this at first. ^^

I have yet to figure out possible counters.
He seems to be quite strong against the typical ad midlaners (resp. the gold II Yasuo I rekt with him earlier), and in general against melees.
But I don't think ranged mages are a problem in general. The good thing about Trynda is that he can go in melee fight range any time. Lanes against LeBlanc / Malzahar felt easy so far.
In fact my biggest problem so far was Kha'Zix as enemy but that shouldn't appear too often.
sqAree
sqAree
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soufflenuit Fri 11 Dec - 21:53

I think ziggs would counter him (a), as well as lux would. ^^
mages without hard CC, like malzahar, orianna, leblanc, fizz, ekko, etc shouldn't be a problem, you are right.
Soufflenuit
Soufflenuit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sqAree Sat 12 Dec - 18:44

I don't lack a counter to midlane Kha'Zix, I have plenty of them indeed (I'd just play Lux tbh.). I was only saying that Kha was the only problem for Tryndap so far.

I might say I'd play Tryndap against Yasuo instead of Swain, but both are good I think.
In general it's just like Lux, a pretty safe choice I can always pick at a pinch.

EDIT: So, it turns out Tryndap has problems against Akali, I'll keep that in mind.
sqAree
sqAree
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soufflenuit Mon 14 Dec - 4:22

Yep I remember this game you played against akali. It's pretty understandable, as she can temporize your ult by being invi, she doesn't need mana either and has also a great sustain cap. ^^
Soufflenuit
Soufflenuit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum